• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 rubicon lift 99 XJ break problems

kyle_cantwell

NAXJA Forum User
so i just did the rubicon express 4.5 lift with the stainless steel hoses. i also had to run a new main hard line to the back due to it looked like it was sitting at a salt factory. i bleed the breaks 10 different times i bled the master cylinder fluid goin through all the lines with no air bubbles the break booster vacuum is also working. my question is when the jeep is off n you pump the breaks the pedal gets hard.. when you turn it on and try to use the breaks it goes straight to the floor and there is no pumping.. has anyone had this problem?!?! Please :helpme::helpme::helpme:

Grammer Nazi is angry.....

none-the-less you still have air in the system, considering how many different lines you replaced that is not surprising. I've had decent luck letting cars gravity bleed, but if i were you i would just stay at it or buy a bleeder tool. You could also have air in the master so your best option might be using the tool.

I have a BMW specific clutch bleeder thing thats electric and it worked wonders for my cherokees brakes LOL.

Seriously... First of all HOW are you bleeding them? You know rule of thumb is to start at the furthest BRAKE line which is the passenger rear. put a hose on it crack open the bleeder and gravity feed the line until it bleeds, checking to make sure you dont run out of fluid, then close it off, go to driver rear, should have fluid there by now but crack it open, let it bleed a little, go to passenger front, repeat, then driver front and repeat... That should get most of the fluid into the lines then you can go back and bleed them by pumping the brakes and bleeding out the air.

Back