• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 4.0L Driver side engine mount bolts

oldbill

NAXJA Forum User
Tried searching for answer with no results. I want to check the tightness of the motor mount bolts going into the engine on the driver's side. Can't seem to get to them. Do you approach them from the top or the bottom of the engine? Do you need to remove anything to get to them? What works best socket or box or open end wrench? Would it be best to have the Jeep up on ramps or to have jack stand under the body to let the axle droop? I found my one bolt a little loose on the passenger side, lower bolt. Tightened it, it seemed to tighten against the mount, the top two bolts were still tight on the passenger side.
Thanks for your help and suggestions,
Bill

If you pull the bolts, grind down the end a bit. There is a known problem where the bolts bottom out in the block and don't tighten on the bracket. The vibes cause them to either break off in the block or brake off the boss on the block.

Back