• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

im lost.......... lol what do I have?????

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
don't really know if it goes in this section or oem but I started looking more in to what type of jeep I have because I had just bought some zj v8 front coils to give the front a boost but comparing the stock to the zj, the stock is thicker coils? now this led me to go figuring out what i have which is hard since carfax is like $40(which to me is ridicules if you just want to know what your vehicle is and what possible options it had and not everything else.) well the first page before it says so and so records it showed it was a 1997 jeep cherokee se. alright cool, started looking and the se only had the 4 banger and two speakers and a heater?!?!?! none of which mine has? so now I don't know what the hell I have nor know if the zj coils will even work if I some how got a up country.
specs:
c8.25 rear lsd
heater and air conditioning
4 speakers
4.0l
auto aw4
231 t case
d30 front(non disconnect)
4 door
heated mirrors
tow hitch
has no door trim
tan and black inside
cloth and leather seats(cloth on the front and leather on the back)
is there anything else missing?
I just don't want the coils I bought to go to waste finding out that they wont actually do any lift or what not.

is there a way to look up solely what vehicle you have and its options or lack of other than carfax? I could really care less what owners had it and what might have happened.

Take the VINto a local dealership and get the build sheet. Might cost a couple bucks.

That's the best idea, but from the sound of it, with the heated mirrors and the tow hitch, it sounds like you either have a limited, or you bought an XJ that someone modified to the feel good specs they wanted...

it showed it was a 1997 jeep cherokee se. alright cool, started looking and the se only had the 4 banger and two speakers and a heater?!?!?!

I'm not sure that is correct.

My 1997 se has a 4.0l, 4 speakers, and AC... and heated mirrors.

Last edited:
You have a Cherokee.... :)

IIRC they only made two different spring rates, which there wasnt much difference in anywho. Put the springs in, as long as you searched and sourced your springs from a correct zj you should be fine.

Back