• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Having trouble picking either or..

1998xjspt

NAXJA Forum User
I plan on getting a RE 3.5 lift with 31" tires and was going to put on a "Rustys advance adapters SYE & Tom woods driveshaft" but I was told that it was better to just put a front driveshaft in the rear and run it like that. I'm not sure what's best, to buy 2 new legit parts, or 1 and reuse an old front shaft and put it in the rear. anyone's got any suggestions? I'm not completely educated on the workings of these things so I'm hoping that someone could lead me into the right direction. Thanks :)

Either way would work. The T&W shaft would be stronger, but I've had no issues with my front shaft in the rear. How much do you want to spend?

well I would not mind spending a little extra $ on a product that's new and that I know won't break in the long run. I plan on keeping this rig forever so yeah. I don't mind saving up the 480 to have a trustworthy part. if I don't buy the woody shaft then ima need to buy a xj shaft frOm the junkyard.?

I would suppose that a majority of SYE are paired with a stock XJ front drive shaft. Strength or breakage is not an issue.

Find a decent one (or several) at the junkyard for $20-40. They can be refurbished with new parts in your garage, or rebuilt locally, for much less than the cost of new from TW.

It just depends on your budget and 4wheeling style. With 31's I doubt you are looking at hardcore wheeling.

Back