• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjusting aftermarket Control Arms

Guerillastyle

NAXJA Forum User
Hello All,
I recently discovered that my UCA's are adjusted far past their suggested length. How do I re-orient the axle so that I can shorten the length of the UCA's?

you don't re-orient anything.
find a nice level place to work, then unbolt the axle end (it's easier to work at for my arms) or the frame side of the UCA's ... adjust to length, measure twice and then bolt back up, retorque. Now do the same on the other side matching lengths. you may need to roll the axle using a jack on the pinion or the tracbar bracket to reattach the arms. their is little stress on them at rest on level ground so it goes fairly easy.

Well, seems to me as you have your axle set further forward than stock but at least a little bit. I would set your caster first, then adjust the UCA's as needed for correct pinion angle.

Just finished dealing with this issue. Had to detach TB, Sway bar links, and shocks. Was able to then use a pry bar to pull the axle back towards the cab. Thanks guys.

Back