• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xmas Tree and Toys For Tots Run 12/8/2012

NW99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Its that time of year again!
toysfortots.jpg

Toys for Tots needs your donation of a new unwrapped toy.

Meeting Location:
Estacada Ranger Station
595 NW Industrial Way
Estacada, OR 97023

Time: We'll shoot for being at the Ranger Station by 9:00am, and leaving about 9:30.

Destination: We'll be following tradition and heading up the forest roads of the Goat Mountain area. There will likely be snow so please come prepared, and bring a good attitude.

Toy Donations: If you're planning on bringing a donation of toys, (which you should be) they must be new and unwrapped.
Last year we managed to gather 30 toys from 18 Jeeps.... Pretty good!
.... Let's see if we can hit 40 this year!!
(If you would like to donate toys, but are unable to make the run, then try and get in touch with someone attending to bring your toys.)

Trees: If you're looking to cut a tree, you will need a Tree Permit which are available at the Ranger Station. I believe the cost is $5 per tree (or at least it was last year)

Preparedness: Its too early to say for sure that there will be snow up there, but you can be sure that it'll be cold. Dress appropriately, and come prepared for any conditions. A thermos of a warm beverage may not be a bad idea either!

PICS FROM LAST YEAR:
IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

191.jpg

193.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, as with every year that is the day of my company Christmas party so I will not be in attendance. But I will be dropping off a toy or 2 with Josh beforehand.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun trip and we get a lot of toys.

Funny...oddly enough thats the same day as my company's Christmas Party, ...but thats in the evening.... I'll still be there.

If I'm able to, I may be able to just meet up with everyone at the ranger station and fill my explorer with the toys. Then just drop them off on my way to the party. I'll have to find out if Beth is working or not as to weather I am able to use my explorer. I'll let you know.

Mike you wanna roll up (caravan) together? Maybe meet up for breakfast before hand?

I just heard there MIGHT be some decent snowfall Sunday at some point, (we'll see)
The snow level will be low enough, just depends on whether or not there will be enough moisture around to make anything happen.

just read up on your guys last year toy run, I'm super freakin excited for the 8th! just hope it snows good for the run. cant wait to take this jeep out!

just read up on your guys last year toy run, I'm super freakin excited for the 8th! just hope it snows good for the run. cant wait to take this jeep out!

if your seriously going to come out for this trip, i can meet up with you somewhere in salem. i have to hit i-5 on the way up.

let me know
Bronze.

Ya I've asked for the day off, and I've made sure to have some extra cash for gas and such, I'm making sure I'm going lol trying to find some 10.9 grade bolts to make some DIY quick disconnects right now

Back