• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

30th Anniversary event schedule

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
This is the schedule we have used for the previous 5 year anniversary events, and in discussing it seems to still be the best way to do it. We're still thinking of things to do, but this is basic and will help you to make your plans.

Mon evening Oct 7

Registration at Slickrock Campground. Sign up for trails.

Tues evening Oct 8

Get acquainted BBQ at Slickrock Campground. Registration and trail sign up. Food will be provided.

Wed evening Oct 9

Show and Shine in the park. Car show with various categories and awards. Food will be provided.

Fri evening Oct 11

Dinner and raffle at the Community Center. Awards presentation. Drawing for the Give-a-Way XJ.

Trail runs will be planned Tues through Sat. Registration, trail sign ups, picking up T-shirts, buying raffle tickets, will be available for a short time each morning and Mon through Thurs evening at Slickrock Campground in front of the cabins.

Cost of registration will likely include one Fri night dinner, event stickers, and whatever else we come up with. Cost of registration and dinner will get posted as soon as we determine what it will be. There will likely be some additional cost for trail runs to cover the mandatory BLM fee, but the cost will be nominal.

Start making plans, reserve that vacation, and be putting away your pennies. These five year anniversary events are epic! You won't want to miss it.

See you there. :cheers:

Richard, thanks for taking on the coordination of this event and I'm looking forward to working with you on the trail runs.

In addition to the already great trails available in the Moab area that will be on our 30th Anniversary schedule, the BLM in considering the addition of more approved event trails near Moab, with public input ending November 30, 2012.

Approval of trails for Jeep Safari also opens them for all other organized OHV events.

Follow the link, which has a list of trails and maps and give your feedback before Nov 30th, so we can have more trail options for our event. http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/moab/JeepSafari2012.html

Thanks Richard for putting this information up and coordinating the event!

mac 'saving fuel money now' gyvr

I imagine events like these can get hectic. How are tasks delegated? What all needs to be handled while we are there?

I imagine events like these can get hectic. How are tasks delegated? What all needs to be handled while we are there?

Everything needs to be handled. We need a chapter to do the Fri dinner. We need a chapter to do the Tues BBQ. We need a chapter to do the Show and Shine. Working on all of those. We need trail leaders. We need people to help set up the raffle. We need someone to work on setting up a website with info. And I'm looking for someone to handle registration. We'll need people to work the registration table, which includes selling raffle tickets and signing up for trails.

Shoot me a PM and we can talk.

Am I missing something, since there is no schedule for Thursday?

This will be my first 5 year anniversery event and first time a Moab wheeling. Thanks to everone who is putting this on and I know it will be great fun. :scottm:

Am I missing something, since there is no schedule for Thursday?

There will be trail runs on Thursday. But looks like nothing planned for the evening, so everyone will be responsible for their own dinner, whether you BBQ at the campground or go out to eat at one of the many good restaurants in town.

Richard, don't forget that whoever handles the registration table will also have to perform the tech inspections.

Speaking of tech.....
i know some different chapters require certain things and others are very lax.
for those worried about tech, what rules are.we.going by??

These rules are from the bylaws of NAXJA. I'm sure they apply to this event but I'm not in charge just posted what I found.

Required Equipment for Event Participation
NAXJA VERY HIGHLY recommends that all event participants have a CB Radio.
NAXJA requires all listed items to be present, and available for use, for a vehicle to be permitted to participate in a event. Participants are expected to stow equipment and all other items within their vehicle in a safe manner, conscious of the effects of OHV use and possible shifting of items.
NAXJA Safety Inspectors will use this list for safety inspections prior to any event. The Safety Inspector has final say in approval or rejection of any vehicle for event participation and may at anytime defer to a second event or club officer for additional ruling.
NAXJA expects each event participant to carry insurance and registration sufficient to meet the legal requirements of their vehicle state of residence and for the roads and trails traveled for the event. NAXJA is not responsible for assuring an entrant's vehicle is legal for the roads and trails traveled in the event.
Equipment List
Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC)
First aid kit
Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
Safety belts for driver and any current passenger
Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle:
Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
D-Rings
Shackle/Clevis
20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
Secured battery (no bungee cords)

Maybe NAXJA should get some first aid kits, and some fire extinguishers to sell at the registration desk?

Maybe NAXJA should get some first aid kits, and some fire extinguishers to sell at the registration desk?

I'm Driving an XJ half way across the country for this......I'll have a couple of each! :D

Back