• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bent d44 housing?

JeepZiggy91

NAXJA Forum User
I have a dana 44 with disc sonversion and custom truss that i ran i my last jeep (r.i.p.) that was in it when i rolled it. It was a pretty distructive roll and now im putting together my new jeep and i noticed when i spin the yoke the discs wobble. I swapped in my spare set of shafts and they still wobble. I put a straight edge and level to the bottom of the axle tubesand saw nothing to sugest the housing is bent and the truss is quite stout. Any ideas?

how much wobble are you talking about?

you have lug nuts on holding the rotors down tight, yes? they need to be open type lug nuts, the closed top ones can bottom out before you have the rotor all the way snug. (without a tire on, that is).

a bent housing will not make the rotor wobble. only a bent shaft will.

I have found a small dent on the front of the driverside tube. Could that affect it that much?

how much wobble are you talking about?

you have lug nuts on holding the rotors down tight, yes? they need to be open type lug nuts, the closed top ones can bottom out before you have the rotor all the way snug. (without a tire on, that is).

Yes the lugs are tight and open.

Get a dial indicator an measure the runout in the hub itself. Don't judge anything by a wobbly rotor.

The D44 inmy XJ alo havs a wobbly rotor,... not from an accident but from a stuck caliper that caused it to over heat.

In my opinion, if yours is that bad it will rub inside the calipers,...maybe.

Back