• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can't find TCU fuse or resistor pack

larue2000

NAXJA Forum User
96 Country: can't find TCU fuse or resistor pack. Looks like all wiring to TCU comes wrapped and through firewall from under the hood, snaked around and attached to heater housing and then to 32 pin connector. I've got nothing other than the wrapped wires (13 of them) between firewall and TCU. Should I be looking under the hood?

Thanks in advance.

Okay, the fuse looks to be the 10 AMP fuse in slot 21 in the Power Distribution Center. Is there a resistor in this model year?"

You're looking for the resistor pack that controls the HVAC blower motor fan speed?

Just curious, is that slot 21 or 12 in the PDC for the transmission fuse? FWIW the '93 includes automatic transmission controller in the engine control group 30a fuse in slot 2.

Are you looking for the pull-up resistor for the brake switch signal to the TCU? If so, that is under the TCU harness tape about 6" from the TCU connector. BUT you can stop looking now because that is only used in the RENIX years.
If you keep your troubleshooting and questions to one thread, you are much more likely to find a solution.

Yeah was gonna say, that's a RENIX thing... not gonna have one on a 96.

I answered (hopefully) your question in the "everything you want to know about the AW4" thread, I know you replaced your VSS and TPS but there are other things that are relevant, such as the OSS, NSS, and brake light switch. I've got my money on the brake light switch personally.

Back