• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BA10/5 or AX15 in this 89 MJ

995speed

NAXJA Forum User
1989 MJ with a 4.0 Litre

So my buddy bought himself a 1989 Jeep Commanche Pionner with a 5 speed manual transmission. him and i have been trying to figure out weather or not he has the AX15 or the Peugeot BA10/5. I got a build sheet for his truck from Chrysler it came back as DDX heavy Duty 5 speed manual Transmission. It does not say weather it is the AX15 or the Peugeot tranny. I do know that in mid 1989 they ceased putting the BA10 behind the 4.0 and switched over to the AX15. I am not able to tell you what month of 1989 she was built in because the door sticker with that information is faded pretty badly and nothing is really visible. I also got the build for my 1999 XJ which also has a 5 speed and the information for that came back as a DDQ 5 speed manual transmission... so can anyone help me further determine which tranny he has because we are both extremely curious because we wanna plan for just incase it craps out on him cause he wheels alot lol.

Back