• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering wheel locked? But key WILL turn/start, help!

Yuke175

NAXJA Forum User
So my cherokee was steering fine, and I recently put a lift on the truck and after I jacked the front end up and set it back down my steering wheel is locked yet I can start the car.

It has the same small amount of play as if it were the same lock that you would expect the ignition to be locked as well.

i unhooked the drag link and everything moves freely so it is definitely not the suspension. What could it be? How do I fix this??

currently the truck is parked with the tires facing straight, the wheel is directly upside down, and I cant steer even when the truck wil start right up.

Any help is appreciated, need to get this on the road before winter!

Have you pulled the steering column apart yet? Have you taken off the steering shaft at the box to make sure the box isn't bound up? There were a lot of suggestions in your other thread and you never responded that you tried any of them. You also failed at posting requested pictures a month ago. Id start pulling things apart starting at the steering column and ignition, my guess is its in that area.

Back