• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 with non-working turn signals

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
My cousin MBarker9 is too lazy to post up this problem with his 99 so I am doing it for him for the safety of the public haha

His 99 XJ auto 4x4 has developed a new issue where his turn signals do not work. No right side, left side, front, or back work at all. The problem began after he ran some LED bulbs without the appropriate resistors so they wouldn't flash too fast. Eventually they started only working every now and then and now have stopped working all together. We picked up a new switch assembly from a junkyard Jeep and that did not fix the problem at all. I have heard people having issues with turn signals and taillights and a ground wire somewhere but I have no idea where that ground might be. Oh and his brake lights work just fine.

Any thoughts on how we can fix this for him would be much appreciated!

Does your emergency flashers still work ? Probably not.....
You replaced the directional mechanism in the steering column, but did you check the dual function (directionals/emerg flashers) blinker stat under the dash?
IIRC it is located in the passenger side kick panel.

Replace the EP-27 blinker module. 97-01 are located under the headlamp switch. Check the ground wire behind the spare tire and plastic trim panel.

standard.jpg

From what I read... the EP 27 module is not the correct module to use with LEDs; the EP26 specifically for LEDs is reported to work properly.

Tim MN... thanks for the correction....

The EP-27 says LED right on it, and it works with my LED blinkers.

Hey thanks guys, the tail light and emergency hazards all work fine. I replaced the switch and they will blink some etims. Most of the time, nothing. I'll look into it more this week. Thanks everyone.

Back