• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extended Brake Lines

Norcalwreckchaser

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all, first post here.

I am looking for D.O.T rubber lines, I have heard that YJ front lines are 3"-4" longer than my stock XJ lines, as well as a Dodge Dakota rear line being 6" longer. I have had some bad experiences with SS lines in the past.

I am adding 1.5" spacers to the front and 1"-2" shackles tomorrow to 3" coils and 2" leafs.

Any one have knowledge of these lines?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Re: Extended Break Lines

Depends on year of YJ. Also pass side and drivers side are different lengths.
I don't remember the specific year, but went to the NAPA on-line website and looked up each year, and looked at the specs of the products. I ended up with 2 of the passenger side of one year, it may of been 91.

As far as the rear. Relocate the hardline. I added on maybe a foot, and moved the top connector location towards the center. If you want to really get fancy, relocate both the hard lines on the axle so they meet in the middle, and put your T there. Then move your top point from the rail to the center and add a bracket to hold the line. The stock DOT line will then be plenty long for any droop you may get with 4.5" of lift.

-Ron

I used a pair of 92 YJ front lines and a 96 Dakota rear ... at ~5 3/4" lift. plenty of length still mounted into stock mount points.

Back