• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electrical connections on NP231

superdave

NAXJA Forum User
My t-case has the electrical speedometer sender on it. However, there's no plug anywhere underneath the XJ that connects to the darn thing. So, what do the three prongs go to on the sender? One has to be the signal, I assume one is ground and the other power? I have an aftermarket gauge and want to use the sender in the t-case rather than the GPS sender I bought (because it sucks and doesn't work properly). I understand that this thing sent a signal to the computer which translated it to the speedometer, but surely this is something that can be bypassed? Since I don't have the factory computer I hope I can just connect some wires to the right place and be all set.
speedoconnector.jpg

What year? I know you have a 350 swapped into it, which is why there is no connector for it.

The pulse rate may be outside that which the aftermarket gauge can calibrate for, either too fast or too slow, but hopefully not.

It's a 97. The gauge can be calibrated to match whatever signal it is getting. The GPS sender is just crap.

Back