• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rod's Run TSF

BoringDave

NAXJA Forum User
Rod's run

a3a4ysub.jpg
bygamusy.jpg
eza2uryd.jpg

Meeting up at the Rogers Camp
DSCF0316.jpg

/Rods%20Run%20TSF/DSCF0318.jpg[/IMG]
Going under The Tree
DSCF0342.jpg

DSCF0345.jpg

Heading up Fire Break 5.
DSCF0425.jpg

DSCF0418.jpg

DSCF0405.jpg

Bronz & Dave
DSCF0426.jpg

DSCF0439.jpg

DSCF0443.jpg

DSCF0430.jpg

DSCF0464.jpg

DSCF0470.jpg

Playin on the Rock Garden
DSCF0499.jpg

DSCF0471.jpg

The day was pretty awesome. It rained most of the day, hard at times but still it was a great run. Great time with all the guys that were able to make it.

It's good to see Rod out on the trails again!!!!

It was good to be out on the trail again. Even if it was short lived. Its been to long ! Was good to see some old faces again. Looking forward to the Thanks giving run !

Sorry, BoringDave, I guess this is the popular thread.

I hit the road about 730, just stopping for coffee in Beaverton before hitting the highway. I passed Rod and Kenny near North Plains and they followed me onto hwy 6 up to the Shell at Gales Creek. I needed gas and an ATV permit. A map too, but they were out of those. I noticed Jason roll in there as we pulled onto the highway up to Rogers Camp. Kieth was already waiting and jason showed up a few minutes after we got there.

2PcFQ.jpg

BoringDave rolled in as we got ready to roll out and we coordinated with Bronzy and Snapple to meet at the shooting pit on our way to the trails. First up was Cedar Tree, which was a breeze since ODF had recently gone in there and cleaned things up a bit, complete with a new entrance. Onward to Firebreak 5 we rolled and I lead the way right up past the rock of doom, barely pausing until I was up the hill. (video to come) The rest of the group made their way up the hill as well, except for Jason, who elected to take the Sportage around the lower sections.

vXgxS.jpg

ODQPG.jpg

VtMqV.jpg

ZjKLE.jpg

I got a little up close and personal with the wall through this section. No damage though.

Fg7WU.jpg

We continued the rest of the way up FB5, had lunch at the top, said goodbye to the leaky folks (Rod & Kenny) then headed for Hogsback. We all made easy work of the hillclimb (even the Kia) then wound our way down through the trees. Kieth won that trail because he was the only one that didn't reverse. At the bottom, BoringDave and Bronzy headed back to camp because of unhappy passengers while the rest of us (four, if you're keeping track) continued on. We took the Rocky Uphill bypass, which is now just mud, the rocks are all gone then took Archers ALL THE WAY to the end. Well, the V section is the last section that is still open but we took the bypass around the V anyway.

4jLn6.jpg

We headed downhill, all the way to Jordan Creek then decided to go up Rogers Road, a delightful trail that very few people ever travel. We went up to the top, experienced the terrible wind and rain and headed back down.

J1Man.jpg

QOTSv.jpg

iZUxX.jpg

After airing up, we headed east on hwy 6 to Horse Camp, where we stopped and visited the campers and their fire in the rain before all eventually heading for home.

TZbsy.jpg

Back