• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just a quick question

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Did a search but didn't find to much info for it, people who do budget boosters don't have to change anything because its usually an inch or two but what if you already have a lift? I have a 97' Cherokee SE 4.0 4door with a limited slip 8.25 rear axle and d30? Front axle lol
My plan is to do a 3" lift, I plan on buying it through pieces and bulk, I will lengthen the brake line, drop the track, etc... But the question is if later on I want to do a budget lift with some spacers and shackles, do I have to change more out? It'll be a 1" lift if I do it, just curious if it'll make me have to re do all of what I did just for an 1"....
Also I hear bad and good about spacers, what is up with that? Is it preference or are they actually bad?

Spacers are perfectly fine.
why stress over one inch? it's not enough to justify worrying about. Just call it good with the lift you go with and make it work.
why would you need more than a 3"
if you plan on needing more just go with the 4.5"

Personally, up to 3", I wouldn't worry about control arms, trackbar, or steering. 3" to 4.5", lower control arms, and adjustable trackbar. Over 4.5" you probably want to worry about all of them. If you drop the trackbar, then you should also run a dropped pitman arm (same distance.)

Spacers will increase the distance between the axle & the body, but do nothing to change spring rates, or range of suspension travel. Going with a full spring lift allows you to pick your spring rates and somewhat range of travel.

I would get adjustable uppers to correct caster before i or adjustable lowers. Especially if you are going to change the ride height.

Spacers are perfectly fine.
why stress over one inch? it's not enough to justify worrying about. Just call it good with the lift you go with and make it work.
why would you need more than a 3"
if you plan on needing more just go with the 4.5"

Well that's why I want to make sure because I want a 3.5" or 3" lift and use 31"-32" tires because it will be my dd but later in the future I might want that extra clearance or what ever and want to know how much of an effect it'll have IF i do it

Back