• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Name that part

outracing

NAXJA Forum User
So my check engine light came on, DTC P0455. EVAP large leak detected. The guy at advance auto parts pointed under my hood and said that it is probably this because that went out on both of his XJ's. I have done some research to find out what "this" is, and some say that it is a Leak Detection Pump. I thought the LDP was by the rear axle? Any one confirm what this thing is? It does make a lot of noise when I first start my Jeep when the engine is cold.

2012-10-28_09-20-23_870.jpg

2012-10-28_09-20-36_428.jpg

P0455 Possible causes
- Missing or loose fuel cap
- Incorrect fuel filler cap used
- Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
- Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap
- EVAP canister or fuel tank leaks
- EVAP system hose leaking
- Fuel tank leaking

That is your Leak Detection Pump. If it makes a clicking noise, it is working. The box near the driver side shock is the Evap Cannister

On my 2000, I found the culprit was a large rubber fitting that had split between the charcoal canister and hard plastic tubing running along the frame rail. Replaced it and reset my MIL. All has been good for 4 months.

Back