• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Toys run?

crazymoose1990

NAXJA Forum User
So is anyone taking the reigns on the 2nd annual Toys run? It needs to be done unfortunately I can't do it this year.

Ryan if you want to make it happen I'll run a support role in this, but I've got too much on my plate right now to properly dedicate the necessary time and resources to make this happen the way it should. If i'm the only one left, then I will give it a go. I would hate to see this tradition fall to the wayside because no one would step up to the plate.

I don't know what needs to be done but ill help out wherever needed , hope this happens for the kids . Let's get some toys together and have a good time doing so . Just let me know what I can do to help .

Alright, tell you guys what...... If we can start getting some discussion going and agree on a date, and I can get some help with a route plan, I'll take care of the rest.

THE SOONEST would be the 18th.
The next available date would be the weekend of Thanksgiving, so the 25th....which is exactly 1 month before Christmas which is when the toys will be handed out to the under privileged kids. That day would be the best I think.
My vote is for the 25th of Nov.
Thats over TWO FULL weeks away... plenty of time to adjust schedules, get permission, plan, fix, build, buy a toy or three, etc....

THE SOONEST would be the 18th.
The next available date would be the weekend of Thanksgiving, so the 25th....which is exactly 1 month before Christmas which is when the toys will be handed out to the under privileged kids. That day would be the best I think.
My vote is for the 25th of Nov.
Thats over TWO FULL weeks away... plenty of time to adjust schedules, get permission, plan, fix, build, buy a toy or three, etc....

May not be good to do on the 25th. If I did my math correct that's Sunday? the last day of the always epic TSF turkey day long weekend camp out. Alot of people goto this event every year. Last year it was held during the not so epic day trip for the X-mass tree run on dry gravel roads in Estacada Oregon. I think it was the first weekend of December? I didn't go but drove out donated anyway.

Dave

We combine it with the Christmas Tree run. Best bet would be December 8th. I've already tentatively made arrangements with somebody to make toy donations to & he's assured me that would still be an acceptable date to get the toys donated.
Standard is meet at Estacada Ranger Station, in the past we've done Goat Mountain but it sounds like people would like to go up to Ladee Flats since we've got that area open now, something I'm open to. I'd like to do a scouting run before the snow flies to make sure there is a good selection for those of us who actually want to get Christmas Trees.

We combine it with the Christmas Tree run. Best bet would be December 8th. I've already tentatively made arrangements with somebody to make toy donations to & he's assured me that would still be an acceptable date to get the toys donated.
Standard is meet at Estacada Ranger Station, in the past we've done Goat Mountain but it sounds like people would like to go up to Ladee Flats since we've got that area open now, something I'm open to. I'd like to do a scouting run before the snow flies to make sure there is a good selection for those of us who actually want to get Christmas Trees.

:thumbup:

X2! I would also be up to scout with you in my rock solid reliable late model. If people like them I know of an area where I usually go to get noble fir. It's just one or two roads up the hill on the far end of 4610 on the squaw mountain side.

X2! I would also be up to scout with you in my rock solid reliable late model. If people like them I know of an area where I usually go to get noble fir. It's just one or two roads up the hill on the far end of 4610 on the squaw mountain side.

That'd be great, I'll drop you a DM when I know for sure but I'm thinking next weekend might be good.

Back