• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clayton Long-Arm length?

2001XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to install a Clayton Long-Arm upgrade and plan to run 35's here soon. The clayon manual gives a basic measurement for the long arm to be adjusted to 36". I am assuming this is to center the wheel in the wheel well.

Can anyone tell me what your measurement is eye to eye running 35s? It should be the same no matter the size of tire as long as the measurement centers the hub but I am just double checking.

TIA

just run what they recomend, thats what i had mine at and are what a friends are at, BTW great choice on LA's there great!

just run what they recomend, thats what i had mine at and are what a friends are at, BTW great choice on LA's there great!

Agreed - start with the 36" and see how it looks (before torqueing the bolts and jam nuts down). I ended up lengthening mine a bit from 36"
However I have a waggy D44 up front, so the mounts will be different from yours and my measurement would not matter. Enjoy your new steel!

Back