• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High pressure lines?

crazymoose1990

NAXJA Forum User
So does anyone know who can make some high pressure lines for me? I need the one's that the XJ's transmissions use on the high pressure line.
Would Portland Compressor be able to make it?
I looked on line but I'm not having much luck, I only need a small line made, And I want to get it done as soon as possible before I give it to Darrel at KNA to reshim my ARB.

Thanks Jason. :helpme:

Yeah I dont need a braded line, Im installing a better auxillary cooler, and it has a high pressure fitting on one of the ends.

Don't use fuel line call up fluid connectors. They will set you up. Tell them you work for Freightliner and you will get a big discount, they won't check

Premier rubber near jubits in north Portland. They can make any line. Rubber or braided. Cool guys. (Just did my brake lines)

Thanks Scott, and Ben. I will check both of these places out. My head is going in so many directions right now. I dont know what to fix next? my 9" is leaking, I need to find a place to mount a power steering cooler, I need to get these lines made for my tranny cooler. Next year I may need to find a place to mount an oil cooler. But right now I need to find a JOB!!!!!!

So does anyone know who can make some high pressure lines for me? I need the one's that the XJ's transmissions use on the high pressure line.
Would Portland Compressor be able to make it?
I looked on line but I'm not having much luck, I only need a small line made, And I want to get it done as soon as possible before I give it to Darrel at KNA to reshim my ARB.

Thanks Jason. :helpme:

1) Transmission cooler line pressure is largely residual - it doesn't need anything special to contain it (I only used power steering hose because ATF is antagonistic to fuel hose.)

2) If you need custom HP hydraulic lines, look for a local Parker-Hannifin dealer. I've thrown them a number of odd jobs over the years - the worst answer I've gotten was "go have lunch. Come back in an hour or so." (This was for three 100'-long pressure lines for a crane boom.)

But, you don't need anything special for cooler lines - I had one blow on me, and I just got wet. I figure the pressure in the line was 10-15psig, it's was more flow rate than anything else.

(That, and washing all that damned Dexron out of my clothes!)

Peak pressure in the AW4 is only something like 300psig - power steering systems typically run 1200-1800psig on the pressure side (and probably 50psig or so on the return.)

Back