• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5/8 Bolt to 3/4 hole adapters for heims?

Ted Z

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to run a larger hole heim so i can get a little more angle from my heims....

Who sells these adapter spacers...?

other than spidertrax.com They want $25 for 2...OUCH

Go buy some 3/4 od 5/8 id tubing at your steel supply and cut it to the 3/4 length that you'll need. I've sleeved 3/4 bores for 5/8 before by doing this.

Like I said in my first reply about the heims.......they dont make em. The wall thickness of the adapter would be too thin (1/16").

You can get 7/8 to 5/8 adapter/misalignment spacers at www.kartek.com and several other sources.

Good luck.

1/16 is 16 ga tubing......that's a little fun fact sponsered by beck's dark tonight.......

after talking to "my people" tonight.....I'm goona try that.

I know for certain that Rubicon Express has sleeves to do this because I had their trackbar and ordered a new rod-end for it and they sent me a 3/4 by 3/4 so I called them up and they sent me a sleeve to use a 5/8 bolt. I know there are also 3/4 by 5/8 rodends made...

Go to pitstopusa.com and search for 'rod end'. I got a result that had some 3/4 to 5/8 reducer bushings for $1.29 each. Looks to be made like a bushing (copper) so buy a couple, so you have extra, they will probably wear, but for that price, you could try it.

Steve

What we were suggesting is a hi-misalignment adapter that allows full travel out of the heim. A standard bushing can be made out of steel tube to space the heim away from the bolt surface. I used 3/4 x 5/8 heims with regular spacer material.

Here's what you're looking for, but not the size you're seeking. (Bottom of the page)

http://www.kartek.com/products/all/heims/heims.htm

granger has 3/4 to 5/8 adaptors
Led

Back