• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket Steering

Spokes

NAXJA Forum User
Whats up guys, my steering is pretty worn out and needs to be replaced. TRE are worn so i getting the usual shaking at 40-50 but im not going to spend $200 to rebuild the stock steering. So its time to beef it up, idk if i want to run heims or 1ton TRE. both have their pros and cons. Ruff Stuff is my top choice because of price and just pure strength. My concerns with Ruff Stuff is since its OTK how will bump steer and etc be with track bar in stock location? ive got an IRO double sheer TB so its dropped 3/4" to help. Pics and info welcome! thanks!

Good question, this has never been talked about before on this forum or the internet. Ever.

Stock trackbar location, buy the Currie steering and OTK the track bar on the driver's side knuckle. Search for Goferit.

Good question, this has never been talked about before on this forum or the internet. Ever.

Stock trackbar location, buy the Currie steering and OTK the track bar on the driver's side knuckle. Search for Goferit.

ive searched a ton and the tread always goes off topic on people fighting over dumb shit.

don't worry about him, he needs to get laid.
are you looking at this steering?
http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/YLINK.html
if so, it shouldnt be an issue as it looks like the drag link angle is close to stock. however, i think i've heard about tie rod roll, which can give you a dead spot.
Currie steering might be your best bet for stock angles.

don't worry about him, he needs to get laid.
are you looking at this steering?
http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/YLINK.html
if so, it shouldnt be an issue as it looks like the drag link angle is close to stock. however, i think i've heard about tie rod roll, which can give you a dead spot.
Currie steering might be your best bet for stock angles.

that set up, or their 3/4" heim set up. i have a buddy getting me a price on currie steering since hes a dealer. wont i still get a dead spot witht he currie set up?

no currie is supposed to be dead spot free as it's the same as stock, just beefier.

I run the Currie system and it works great. I drive my XJ to and from the trail.

It is dead spot free. It isn't cheap but it doesn't have the problems that seem to come up over and over with the other kits and it uses tie rod ends that you can grease.

no currie is supposed to be dead spot free as it's the same as stock, just beefier.

that is what im looking for. i wheel my jeep but i also know i have to drive it back home and to work lol so i dont pound on it to hard, most of the time lol

I run the Currie system and it works great. I drive my XJ to and from the trail.

It is dead spot free. It isn't cheap but it doesn't have the problems that seem to come up over and over with the other kits and it uses tie rod ends that you can grease.

can you post some pics of it? thanks!

you can also just get a v8 zj tie rod and call it good. probably beefy enough.

think that is what im going to do since i have a lead on a 44/9" combo so its not worth me paying 200-500 for steering on a d30 lol

for shits and giggles you wouldnt happen to have parts numbers would u?

How much lift are you running?

I find it very frustrating that the ruff stuff "ylink" is actually referred to as an inverted t steering. It will have an inherant dead spot, no matter how small. Not saying its bad or not strong but keep that in mind.

I run the currie steering, which is a true inverted y, and it is beef. As was said earlier, otk the driver tierod end using the goferrit insert. You will gain clearance, strength, and a more percise steering system.

im at 4.5"

here is what my jeep looks like right now, i get pretty bad bump steer. but i think some is from worn out shitty RC bushings in CA, and i could probably use another alignment. my angles arent horrible. i shouldnt be getting the bump steer i am for my angles.
IMG_20120903_161851.jpg

You are getting bumpsteer because you dropped your trackbar and not your pinion. The two are no longer parallel.

Back