• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'98 XJ, P0505 & P1494

broken98

NAXJA Forum User
First of all, let me say thanks to everyone who has contributed to this forum. I've been able to keep my XJ alive with the knowledge and experience that others are willing to post.

With that, I like to relate my experience with engine codes.

The CEL came on so I got my little scanning tool and it gave me the codes P0505 and P1495. I replaced a couple of the vacuum hoses and cleaned the throttle body.

CEL popped back up but with 1494 instead of 1495. Hmmmm......curous.

After a little searching on the NAXJA forum I saw one little post within a big thread about the battery. Since I want to do the ceap-or-free things first, I took my battery to the local parts house for testing and my 550 CCA was more like 350 CCA. With their quick charge, it stepped up to 375 CCA, so the battery is good but not as good as it could be.

With winter coming on, I thought it would be a good idea to just go ahead with a new battery and replace the terminals........and the CEL disappeared.

After a drive-around, all seems to be functioning well.

I hope this post helps someone else.

dave

Back