• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Possible AW4 whine?

xj1028

NAXJA Forum User
I had just recently replaced the trans coolant lines, pan gasket, and filter everything looked great until I went to do my oil pan. One of the coolant lines on the trans kept popping off after I replaced the pan and I couldn't get it to lock. After 15 min of messing with it I heard it lock and it felt snug in the tranny. I drove down to the store and the one that kept popping off let loose and I lost so much fluid that by the time I got pulled over the motor would just rev in drive. I hitched a ride from my friend and got the correct clips from the dealer and replaced them on the side of the road. After that whole cluster f&*% there appears to be a slight whine while the rpms get higher before it makes a shift. Generally in 1 st 2nd and 3rd gear. The tranny shifts out fine and down shifts fine I'm just curious if something else could have got messed up. Also should note that the tranny is full of fluid and I put the rear end on jack stands where when I put it in drive and accelerated there was no whining noise. I hope its nothing too serious and I'd appreciate any info I can get.

Back