• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock LCA Length?

NOTNSUV

You Guys ROCK!
I'm replacing the RC lift with OME and UCA/LCA. It's been recommended that I dial up the LCA to 5/16" longer than stock. Can someone give me an accurate length of the LCA bolt hole to bolt hole center?

Thanks.

Stock lower control arms are 15.75" and stock upper arms are 15.0", bolt hole center to center.

Thanks Tim!
Hi

Would appreciate it if you consider a couple of questions here:

Gary,
Is that 5/16" lower control arm extension from stock a recommendation for a specific amount of lift? How much lift do you have? Is that good for my 3 1/2" lift too?

Tim,
Are those stock control arm length figures ok for my 99 XJ? I want to obtain stock camber with adjustable lower (and/or upper) control arms.

Thanks in advance

Julian

Julian,

DPG Super Ultimate OME 3..5" kit on my '99 XJ. Recommendation is from Dirk at DPG.
He says to insist that the alignment shop set it at stock specs with this setup.
It should work for your setup as well I would think.

Caracas!? Wow! How's the wheeling down there.. and the fishing?

Julian,

DPG Super Ultimate OME 3..5" kit on my '99 XJ. Recommendation is from Dirk at DPG.
He says to insist that the alignment shop set it at stock specs with this setup.
It should work for your setup as well I would think.

Caracas!? Wow! How's the wheeling down there.. and the fishing?

Hi Gary,
The wheeling here is fine! about 1 hr from the city. It gets better as you get further away. The fishing people get Pavón, some sort of bass, the nearest about 2 1/2 hrs from here.
About the caster, you mean start from stock arm lengths and then increase lower length 5/16" ?
Thanks & regards,
Julian

Is that 5/16" lower control arm extension from stock a recommendation for a specific amount of lift? How much lift do you have? Is that good for my 3 1/2" lift too?

Tim,
Are those stock control arm length figures ok for my 99 XJ? I want to obtain stock camber with adjustable lower (and/or upper) control arms.

Use the GOOGLE or search NAXJA, the recommend starting point Control Arm Length chart has been posted numerous times.

Pinion angle is more important than Caster angle. D30 Camber is fixed and only adjustable with offset ball joints.

Back