• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front end swap

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I just picked up an 89 xj the other night and the front fenders are rusted out and the front header panel is kinda messed up. I prefer the look of the 97 and newer xj's and would like to swap stuff over to that. What all would i need from the junkyard to do this swap? I figure i need fenders and header panel with grill. Do i need anything else? How hard of swap would this be?

Thanks,
Ben

You need radiator support. as well. hood too if you care that much. otherwise just header panel. grill. and fenders.

You don't need the radiator support. At least I didn't. And hoods have not changed much over the years. They've changed structurally, but dimensionally, all hoods are the same.

Make sure you have the bulb sockets for the turn signals and side markers.

I had to have radiator support (89 to 99) as it wouldnt line up otherwise. (plus i think you have to have it if you switch to open cooling system)
hoods didn't change much but if you're picky you'll notice a difference at.the body line. its angular on obs and its rounded on nbs.

Last edited:
Back