• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31-33" Tires for 18" rims?

NCCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Found a smoking deal on some factory aluminum 18" wheels from a charger
yvu5e7u7.jpg

ety7u9us.jpg

$125 for all 4!

Anyhow, I have 33" Trxus mts and want to stay 31-33", cus anything smaller will look silly on my jeep
ydatu7a5.jpg

Tire calculator says a 265/70/18 is 32.5"x10.5". Perfect. Looking to stay cheap, this isn't a dd and I'll still have the offroad tires. What brands/tires do y'all recommend? Found some Falkens that looked a little like an AT that were ~$150/tire. Do they suck?

As far as I know about every tire manufacturer makes a 33 to fit an 18... what I'm more worried about is the offset and strength of those sports car wheels... even with some big wheel spacers it will probably still look a little homosexual. Just sayin

I think the whole jeep is gonna clash with them racecar wheels.

These are a stock JK Sahara wheel with 255/70/18 which is roughly 32.6" tall.

IMAG0256.jpg

Just so you have an idea of what a 18" wheel will look like ... and yeah, I do feel kinda icky rolling on them, my friends crack jokes ... but they were free, and they got me on the road so I could get to work.

I think they look kinda sweet, I've seen another in the area that had charger rims. Looked pretty badass. Obviously these wheels aren't gonna get wheeled, I'm not worried about strength. Besides, these wheels live behind some big V8s.

As far as rubbing, I rub a Some now, just adjust my driving style. I'll get used to it. Thanks for the suggestions

I like those rims, would rather have those than my wife's leftovers (not a real fan of the Sahara rims is my problem really) ... for use on the road though ... I gotta admit they do work great, and should be a lot safer running up and down the winter roads than a set of Muds (and they'll last longer too). They almost make it look like a factory optioned XJ ... sleeper-ish, until I roll up to a stock one.
Not sure if I'll keep 'em when I finish the WJ swap and find out what rims size I can fit ... But I have though about getting some JK Rubicon 17's to use for road tires if I can still fit 15's in the end. Might have to scour the used sites and Jy's and look at other options now.

does the bolt pattern match? I know it's only .7mm difference (5 on 4.5 (114.3mm) vs 5 on 115mm) but will it make a difference?

Last edited:
yep, still not asking if people think they will look good. I think they look good on the jeep in this thread, and the one you linked.

So they came with these nifty little tire pressure monitors. I have no plans to use them, are they worth anything? Guy who sold me the rims said they were worth some coin. Maybe someone on the charger forum would want them. I've never owned a vehicle with pressure sensors - can anyone comment on them?

Ya the sensors sell for 40-200 bucks new depending on the sensor. post em up after you look em up. should be a model number.

yep, still not asking if people think they will look good. I think they look good on the jeep in this thread, and the one you linked.

So they came with these nifty little tire pressure monitors. I have no plans to use them, are they worth anything? Guy who sold me the rims said they were worth some coin. Maybe someone on the charger forum would want them. I've never owned a vehicle with pressure sensors - can anyone comment on them?

The TPMS sensors should be worth something. The work well for people that have two sets of rims (i.e. summer and winter tire/wheel combo). The ones for my wife's Honda are like $20-$30 each.

FWIW, I think the rims look good, and they should look even better with some meats on them.

Onlinetires.com lists a Toyo Open Country AT in a 275/65-18 for $169 each or a Nitto Tera Grappler for $183 each, if you want to stay with an AT tire. Looks like most of the MT's in that size are $200 or more per tire.

thanks guys. I didnt get a chance to really inspect them. My dad picked them up for me and got to my house about 10 minutes before I had to leave for work, so no pics or model numbers yet on those things. I do know they are from an 06 charger, and should work for 06-07.

thanks for the tire suggestions. I'll take a look at them.

I like those rims, would rather have those than my wife's leftovers (not a real fan of the Sahara rims is my problem really) ... for use on the road though ... I gotta admit they do work great, and should be a lot safer running up and down the winter roads than a set of Muds (and they'll last longer too). They almost make it look like a factory optioned XJ ... sleeper-ish, until I roll up to a stock one.
Not sure if I'll keep 'em when I finish the WJ swap and find out what rims size I can fit ... But I have though about getting some JK Rubicon 17's to use for road tires if I can still fit 15's in the end. Might have to scour the used sites and Jy's and look at other options now.

does the bolt pattern match? I know it's only .7mm difference (5 on 4.5 (114.3mm) vs 5 on 115mm) but will it make a difference?

I wouldn't trust them to work bolt pattern wise, that's one of those situations that if you were to have a tire shop mount the tires to the rims, they'll make you put them on your truck yourself so they won't have the liability of the studs being loaded in a bad way, one of them breaking, then taking out more studs causing a wreck. I wouldn't trust a set of those on my stock height, ex daily driver XJ, especially with the ways our roads get during the winter.

Back