• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Those that have hockey puck bump stops, how many? Drill or Glue?

FleXJ96

NAXJA Forum User
Just put on my 33s, and they appear to want to eat my fenders.

548392_356660394427534_507873247_n.jpg

I currently had 1 hockey puck that worked great for my 31s . I was going to add some more, look likes 3 total is all I can fit and it will still be tight.

1. For those that run pucks up front how many do yo run with the stock upper bump?

2. Did you drill and bolt them in or was epoxy enough? I liquid nailed the 1 in just not sure a stack would hold under stress. Also do not really want to remove the coil on the passenger side just to add hockey pucks. lol

292842_4646165282428_1427192595_n.jpg

Thanks

i ran 2 per side with 3" and 33's also remember the factory bumpstop gives a little, try 2 if they still rub either cut more or add another puck

I use 2 pucks along with a 3" extended bump stop that came with my 5.5" RE lift. Use a long bolt through the pucks / stops and threaded into the pads.

IIRC I used three pucks with stock bumpstops with my 33's.

I used 2 glued together 4.5" lift and stock bump stop.now after stock stops failed ,I have extended upper stops and have not stuffed a wheel yet...

Why not drill them, drill a counter sink in the center and run a long bolt in the center through the spring perch like the aftermarket stops?

Sorry but I don't trust glue on something thats going to see weather and abuse, I used RE bumps in the front with the giant self tapping bolt that it cones with, for the rear I made my own bump plates, cost me a total of 15 bucks for the steel.

One per side for my 2 inch lift and 31's. Glued four years ago and no problems. I thoroughly cleaned with degreasing agent prior to glueing. I just let the axle droop to open up the springs and was able to just set the pucks through the coils....

I used black RTV silicone for mine. just let it cure long enough and it will hold.

Weather strip adhesive, aka gorilla snot, will hold forever.

Depends on the amount of lift.

1 puck for every 1.5" of lift or so.

So for 4.5" lift, use 3 pucks.... u get it.

Black tape the pucks together heavily.
Put them in the vise, drill a center hole.

Choose your bolt size/ length you need & nut.

Remove the coil spring, in the center of the coil bucket drill a hole.
Recess a nut into the hole, make sure it's square & flat. Tack weld the nut into place not damaging the threads. If the nut sticks up some, grind it flush with a flap wheel.

Put the puck stack inside the coil.
Install the coil. Trap the coil.
Now thread the bolt into the "nutsert" and tighten the puck stack down.

Done.

It takes me 5 or 10 mins to take my coil out of eitherside of my jeep in a gravel driveway, coilspring compressor tool a jack and a few other sockets and what not and bam!

Pffft! I used a generic silicone sealer, prepped with brake cleaner. They have been holding for at least 4 years now.

I have tried everything and the only thing that has survived more then 2 trips to school has been the bolt. Thats why I ordered prothane bumps...

Back