• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Courtesy Lights Ground on Headlight Switch

OkieXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
91 Laredo i6 aw4 np231
I took my dash apart this weekend and now I can't remember where this ground wire connects to the headlight switch. I took a pic of what I'm trying to figure out.

Switch.jpg

My dome light does not turn on when you rotate the switch and hear the click. I'm pretty sure that is because this wire is not connected. If anyone knows where to connect that connector the red arrow points to I appreciate the help. I don't want to have to take my dashboard out again.

If you are CERTAIN it's a ground wire, then any ground will do. What makes you think it's a ground wire? I cannot tell what sort of connector is on the end of the wire from the pic, but it kinda looks like the female end of a blade connector. If that is the case, it's gonna connect to the male equivalent, or to a switch terminal.

I checked the wire the arrow is pointing at with my multimeter and it is already connected to ground. I think I need to connect it to something that needs to be grounded for the dome lights to come on when the switch is rotated so that it clicks.
From the FSM for a '93:
HLswchwiring.png

I think the black wire with the spade connector plugs onto the headlight switch somewhere like the diagram shows, but I can't remember or see where it is supposed to go. If I had the switch out of the Jeep it would be easy to see, but its tucked back in there so far I can't see crap.

Found this pic of what I think is a Jeep headlight switch. I think the terminal I'm looking for is on the very bottom of the pic with nothing connected. I'll try to find that terminal and connect the ground when I get home.
19107d1257906078-wiring-jeep-headlight-switch-pb100738.jpg

Back