• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water Drip

juicexj24

NAXJA Forum User
Just sat down in the old XJ this morning. Wet seat. Put a towel down, had to run to an appointment. I know the window needs to be resealed. I turn on the ac, I notice water dripping on the mat(pass side). I emptied it out three times in 25 miles (Husky Liners). I wasn't running the ac for long, about 5 mins. Any idea what is causing the dripping and what to use for sealing up the front window. Thanks Juice

Clean the drain

You need to find the a/c box drain and clean it out. The other problem is your heater core might be leaking. Turn the heater on and see if it leaks more.
Rabbit:bunny:

How bad was it in philly

Up here in the pocono's we did not get much in the way of weather, some rain and some wind but nothing really bad.
If it rained really really hard you might have gotten water inside from the front vents. There is supposed to be lip in there to prevent it and channel excess water out but if you dump enough in you will get water inside.
As for the seat, one of your windows might have been open a crack, with enough wind blowing rain sideways it could have literally blown it.
The AC thing us usually a result of a block drain. pull your passenger side carpet and look under the floor near where your feet go. thats the area of the drain.
With the amount of weather we have had it could be plugged with mould or just restricted.

Well I just took a good look at it. Wet Ass and all...the upper left corner of the headliner by the windshield was wet. So I'm going to seal that up in the morning. The water started the other day when it rain like cats and dogs up here in PA. and again this morning after last night. So I'm guessing your right. I'm going to check it out. I'm pulling the carpet and rust proofing the floor and seam sealing it out in the morning as well. Just another thing to add to the list.
Where is the drain for the AC? So I can unblock it. Thanks Juice.

Back