• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Potato Salad?

hjeepxj

#OCDINK
NAXJA Member
I havent seen anything about this, but I was wondering when/if you guys were doing potoato salad hill, or even Lions Back, id love to get some video/pics of that! :eek: :D

Potato Salad Hill

standard.jpg

Lion's Back ($10 these days)
standard.jpg

They are both right by Sand Flats Recreation area, a 10 minute drive from camp. Go early, go often! :D

OneTonXJ said:
Only someone from San Fransissyco would know about the Gay J :D

Wow, I can't believe you came up with such an origional comeback!! :rolleyes:

The Gay J comment is an inside joke that few on NAXJA would know. It's in reference to the color of Ron's TJ.

Jes

All great answers, but I didnt ask where they were, but who/when was going to do either...so I could video tape and take pics...

:anon:

:D

hjeepxj said:
All great answers, but I didnt ask where they were, but who/when was going to do either...so I could video tape and take pics...

:anon:

:D

Both are very close to town, less than 10 minutes from Slickrock CG and 5 minutes from the center of town. I'm sure someone will be heading over there almost every afternoon, but nothing is scheduled. Lion's Back is on private property so you have to pay, most people don't do it. Hell's Revenge trail starts just past Lion's Back and ends right next to it, so typically a few people do it after finishing Hell's Revenge.

Any afternoon there could be a group that goes over to play on Dump Bump and Potato Salad Hill. Just ask around. I'd be very surprised if some didn't head over there Thursday evening after the show and shine......but pics wouldn't be good in the dark. :)

When we were there in August, Dump Bump had a gate in front of it....and a for sale sign for what looked like the property that it was on, so we didnt get a chance to try it... no idea if its like that now or not.

Also if anyone is running flat iron mesa trail, there was a gate in front of the trail head for that too.

And I think that Lions back for $15, but I'm not positive.

mac 'walked right up potato salad hill' gyvr

Dump Bump

You have to pay the $5 to get into Sand Flats Recreation Area and then start up Hell's Revenge and drive the fin over to Dump Bump. It was fenced off last year, too.

QUOTE]Also if anyone is running flat iron mesa trail, there was a gate in front of the trail head for that too.[/QUOTE]

When I did Flat Iron Mesa at the EJS this year there was a fence, but the rule of thumb is .... If you open a gate, close it. Livestock sometimes roam.

hey....

well i dont know, we didnt see any way around to dump bump, we paid the 5 bucks to get into the sand flats area and ran hell's revenge, but didnt see a way to dump bump.

if its gated off.....i'm not moving a gate on my own...

treading lightly....

mac 'nice pic under your name' gyvr

Back