• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil filter adapter

morgan320i

NAXJA Forum User
so i noticed where my oil filter screws on my 89 xj 4.0 it was leaking, so i went to take it off and it came without struggle with a box wrench, i herd this was supposed to be a pita, was this loseness the cause of the leak?

looks flat
ABB3A8FC-FC12-4AEE-BF86-44B666D5D3D0-427-000000873A300363.jpg

400514F2-946A-483F-B3A0-98255FECECED-427-0000008735015965.jpg

Yeah, common thing, it's the o-rings that were leaking ... go down to Dodge and ask for the oil filter adapter o-rings and don't worry about it for another bunch of years.

Mine was a torx T60 and it came out without all the fuss I've heard about either ... but then I had to bust up the torx bit and use a wrench to turn it so that was a little bit of a PITA I 'spose. Sometimes you get lucky.

my '00 is 50 ft/lbs ... I would imagine the '89 to be similar

The dealership loves selling you bullshit o-rings that dont even come close to fitting (2 out of 3 doesnt count, if the final third is special order)

Morris4x4 center has them all in a nice package, has great prices, and they all fit! Dealing with a dealership that doesnt care about you, isnt worth it for this...

So i got it all together and also took the oil pressure sender adapter off and pipe taped it and installed a new sender and installed it all, whats a good psi? I am showing 40 to 43 psi at idle , it showed the same with old sender, i replaced to fix oil leak,

Back