• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

drainplugs and bed lining

beastlydumass

NAXJA Forum User
ok so ripped all the interior out and now trying to decide on what the best floor plug and spot is. thought about the using 55gal drum lid caps if i could find some. best ideas on this would realy help. whats the best way to prep and clean the floor for bed lining? i dont have anything to spray it on with so i was just guna brush it on 2 lays in cargo area. best ideas on this!

Find a friend with a compressor, it looks so much nicer when its sprayed

Scuff with sandpaper, wipe clean with a tack cloth. I used adhesion promoter on mine.

Raptorliner FTW!

Raptor Liner is some of the best stuff I have seen for the DIYer. I have used herculiner and seen various other roll on and rattle can stuff and it is all pretty low quality when compared to the professional spray on stuff. The Raptor liner is pricey when compared to the other DIY options but compare it to the cost of professional spray on and it is a screaming deal. And it comes with everything you need to spray it except the compressor. Think about it this way too, Once your buddies see it, they will all want it done to and you can charge them to do their Jeeps or trucks and make back the cost of the initial buy!

My way of thinking on my rig.... I hurculined mine for a reason... To be able to get wet and not worry about it... Soooo I just left the stock drain plates out. I have had no issues doing this. It hasn't folded like a taco yet in 2 years so I think I'm safe!!!! lol. If I'm in water deep enough I will get water in as I wheel with no doors most of the time anyways. So it does drain faster and no worrying about opening a plug as things are soaking up the water. It just auto drains.

the raptor liner kit looks pretty nice and worth it and to reuse the gun on other projects. my jeep is my daily most of the time and going to VA here soon ill need to have removeable plugs for the cold. wb9yzu can u get some piks of the plugs installed so i can see how they feel.

Spray in Herculiner with a harbor freight stucko texture gun ($15). Results look MINT and way faster and more uniform texture. I have done 6 cherokees this way. Use a 4" wire wheel on a angle grinder for the surface prep. Tape off everything not to be sprayed. Wipe clean with denatured alcohol. Spray thin coat to start, 4 hours later spray a first heavy coat. One gallon will do the entire inside and then some with many coats. It goes farther when sprayed and less is wasted.

http://
floor2.jpg

Back