• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New intake

There are three things that I don’t like:
- It will not fit with throttle body spacers
- It’s very loud from inside the cab
- There’s no data that shows how well it works

I got this kit installed . Here are some of my observations.
1) It is loud , dont care. If you are a weenie the noise might bother you.
2)Raises the height that water can get into motor,lot less money than a snorkel kit.
3) Frees up space for a dual battery.
4)Data from seat of pants , notocible improvement in acceleration and throtle response.
5) Don't care for polished aluminum or the way the air cleaner housing clamps.
6) All things considered decent product for the price. I can live with the flaws. Its far superior than the stock set up.
7)Not Smog legal in California. Must retain stock cleaner assembly for smog check.

It will not fit with throttle body spacers
Most intakes won't. Besides there is little/no gain from a TB spacer on a 00+ intake manifold and debatable on earlier.

The intake is from Spectre , I think this is the one that works with Renix. http://m.summitracing.com/parts/spe-9945

That is the Renix one. Apparently they sometimes have a problem of pulling apart where the filter is because to the rotation of the motor from torque. The people who have had this problem fixed it by replacing their broken motor mounts with good ones; specifically from Brown Dog.

Back