• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removing leafs from RE1463 leaf pack

CAJJ93XJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
hi I've got the old RE1463 3.5" leaf packs/ shackle relocators/ and 5" shackles
I'm sitting around 6.5" and that's too tall for me. I want to lower it. can I remove leafs from these packs? also trying to add flex
my concern is that they will sag out. I read that's what happens with clayton leafs

if not, which leafs can I remove? there are 6 leafs including the main. makes sense to just remove the bottom 2. aiming for 4.5" lift

Try pulling the leaf above the shortest one, did this on a friends reccomendation on my 1462 canadian re pack, rides much better than before, and dropped me about 2" that I gained with shackle relocators.

alright I'll consider that. onto the other matters. my pinion angle was set perfect with the 8.8 swap. if I lower it I'm afraid I'll need some shims and put them in.. backwards?
other than that I'll need different length shocks, and also move the shackle to the farthest hole forward (currently in #2) and bumpstop it so it doesnt hit the shackle box

........and also move the shackle to the farthest hole forward (currently in #2) and bumpstop it so it doesnt hit the shackle box
I have the HD Off Road shackle relocators and once I established which hole I was going to use, I just trimmed off what I wouldn't need.....gives the shackle plenty of room to swing back ;)

Hans

Back