• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock fog lights question

Devilfrog

NAXJA Forum User
What is the wattage of the stock 2000 XJ's fog lights?
My lenses are cracked and although the lights work, I want to replace them ... will the factory wiring be fine with a set of basic 55W replacemnet jobbies? It has a relay in the PDM but I remember reading something about full draw still rolling through the interior switch.

Why chance it? Use the stock line to trigger a relay, and run whatever you like

X3 - I have seen several posts of "uh oh I just melted my stock foglight wiring harness" hehe so trigger a relay.

I put 65w PIAA in front triggered by factory wiring through a relay - I cut the wire right off the switch actually and ran a new wire to the relay coil +

What is the wattage of the stock 2000 XJ's fog lights?
My lenses are cracked and although the lights work, I want to replace them ... will the factory wiring be fine with a set of basic 55W replacemnet jobbies? It has a relay in the PDM but I remember reading something about full draw still rolling through the interior switch.

I'd hate myself if I didn't put this out there so....

I have a good set of fog lamp lenses off of a '90 XJ. Clear, no cracks and ready to go. Not sure if they are the same as your 2000 but for the price of shipping, I would be happy to let you have them. My lamp housings were both rusted completely out so I replaced the whole units but couldn't bring myself to throw out the lenses (and the plastic covers) cuz I figured someone else might be able to use them.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Todd

They are different.

Back