• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mounting through headliner

sickandtwisted

NAXJA Forum User
don't know if this is the right section...but here goes

When i bought my XJ it had a CB mounted through the headliner and into the roof panel, which i liked except the CB didnt work so it has been removed. I'd now like to mount my sPOD switch panel there but haven't done so as I'm worried of drilling too far and going through the roof. I've been told there is some kind of cross beam/support that is there and it will be fine. Any feed back or pictures of a 99 or comparable XJ with no headliner

Search, naxja bed lined interior. You will find pictures of the naked inside showing where the cross beams are. Basically, against the windshield, above the rear seats and against the hatch. Also search cb threads. Most aboves are mounted using the visor bolts.

Poke around with a needle until you find the crossmember.

standard.jpg

As an FYI here, you can drop the entire headliner out of a late model (97+) in less than a half hour. They come out very easily.

I had to drop the front half of mine when I added in the overhead console a couple of years ago in order to run the additional wiring required. Not difficult at all, just pop the trim, cargo light and the OHC (mini or full) and it will drop into your lap.

I would like to swap my overhead mini that is positioned between the B-Pillars for the longer one that extends from the front glass back to the B-Pillar. Is it a direct replacment? Will the compas and everythign work once it's lugged in, or does it need additional sensors from the vehicle for temp and compass direction?

Are you asking about the Overhead Console ? What year is your Jeep, and what year is the possible replacement ?

Back