• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 Yukon Stub shaft to short?

XJRN

NAXJA Forum User
**EDIT** Title is wrong..should be "too long?"

I got yukon shafts for my Ford f250 Dana 44 and the stub shaft is longer than the stocker. Anyone know what could have gotten mixed up or if somehow this is ok?

yukon.jpg

Last edited:
I would call Yukon and talk to there tec department. Give them your demensions. Of the axle not you!!!!!! Pants and shirt size might not matter here..lol but if you think it may help go ahead. Maybe the 44 you have isn't 100% what you thought it was. Might not have been the original from what it came off of. Or you may have gotten the wrong ones sent to you.

See here..., start with post #4.

I know the OEM ford ones are shorter than GM or full size jeep, I always figured you needed to match the stub length to the outers you were running, but it appears it's not enough difference in length to cause an issue... Yukon probably only makes one D44 stub shaft, to fit all applications.

I would call them just to verify, if what's in that thread is true, they probably get this question a lot and should know exactly what you're talking about.

I know the OEM ford ones are shorter than GM or full size jeep, I always figured you needed to match the stub length to the outers you were running, but it appears it's not enough difference in length to cause an issue... Yukon probably only makes one D44 stub shaft, to fit all applications.

yup. i had a waggy 44 stub accidentally shipped to me instead of a ford one. about 1/4" difference.

Yeah, they were wrong. Rwkhaus supply is able to waive the restock fee, but somehow I am still stuck with return shipping....ghey!

Back