• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window regulator advice

Rob Mayercik

NAXJA Member #920
NAXJA Member
It appears the power window regulator assembly on the driver's door of my '92 has siezed up - window does not move, but I do see a dip in the voltmeter on the dash when I hit the switch.

I have already probed the harness connector with DVM - 12V getting to motor each way I push the switch. Think I hear a slight "clunk" when I first push the switch, but not sure.

I saw the link to the Dorman-brand part over at RockAuto, but I'm a little concerned about how to get the old assembly out of the door. The failure occurred with the window in the fully-closed position, so I can't move the glass down to access the bolts that connect the regulator to it.

Suggestions? From looking at it, all I could come up with would be to either bend or cut the vertical tube-track, but wasn't sure if that was a good idea or not.

Also, I noticed when I had the trim panel off yesterday that the interior structure of the door itself has apparently cracked right by where the motor assembly for the regulator assembly mounts (which explains the strange clanking I've had when closing this door). I was planning on getting two small metal plates and using some small screws+nuts to sandwich the cracked area and reinforce it before installing the new regulator, since I don't weld. Anyone seen this before?

Back