• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another project...the new tow rig

eflores

NAXJA Forum User
So some how a 7500 lb truck vanished into thin air. I find it hard to believe but they never found my dodge and the insurance company finally got tired of paying for my rental.
so they gave me some dollars. Not nearly what i had in the truck but yano. shit happens.

So i took these
IMG1351_zpsbf487eaa.jpg

and got me some TURBO POWER!
IMG1357_zps0162b990.jpg

and came home with this
IMG1354_zps6fe5622f.jpg

Look Flores finally gave in and got a 4wd tow rig.
95 Chevy K3500
6.5l TD 138K on the body 38K on reman'd motor
the interior is immaculate but its got some underhood issues
no one ever updated the shitty stock cooling system or relocated the pump mounted fuel solenoid driver. also has some leaky oil cooler lines
bout $1000 in upgrades left but after "jewing" the guy down from $5800 to $4200 i definitely have some working room

any way...it needs a name....feel free to leave suggestions :farmer:

I could REALLY have a whole lotta forum fun with this photo at Flores' expense........ :laugh:

IMG1351_zpsbf487eaa.jpg

The terms "Coyote" and/or "Mule" come to mind........ :gag:

:D

All I could think was ****in' shivey, or cracker.

Then again, I was looking at the truck.

Flores. I think you made a smart move. There is no way in hell that ugly thing of sin will ever get stolen. Any more white trash and it would be a black T/A with the gold pheonix (or WTFever it is). Or maybe a red Z with chrome wheels.

Just needs a 'MERICA - **** Ya! sticker.

Flores. I think you made a smart move. There is no way in hell that ugly thing of sin will ever get stolen. Any more white trash and it would be a black T/A with the gold pheonix (or WTFever it is). Or maybe a red Z with chrome wheels.

Just needs a 'MERICA - **** Ya! sticker.

My neighbor had one of those in mint condition with I think a 455 inder the hood built and hosed with Nitrous ...Yes they are slightly white trash-ish , But still kind of cool ...UNLIKE MULLETS .

I think Yella named it for ya, flores -- Coyote. and Kronik, you're killing me. :roflmao:

The 6.5T's are by no means the most powerful diesels out there, but they are easy to work on and with a few mods will have no problem dragging a Jeep over I-70. You won't be doing 75mpg like you theoretically could in a newer truck, but you'll have no problem maintaining the actual speedlimit.

I've actually considered them many times, I've always been impressed with how well they get up-armored HMMWV's moving. Even our 10,000lb plus up-armored tool/contact trucks. Plus, the 4L80E is one of the simplest and toughest automatic transmissions out there.

I think its a good score man, and when you get bored wth it because you miss the power of your 12V just let me know. I'll snag it up from you. :D

I think its a good score man, and when you get bored wth it because you miss the power of your 12V just let me know. I'll snag it up from you. :D

i purchased a low mile 12v cummins with all accessories and wiring/computer etc this morning for a whopping 750 clams....nice try tho:piratefla

Honestly I would put the CUmmins into an 80's body style Chevy over the 95. The old 2+2 ab dually Chevy's look awesome, especially in black with the red center stipe. Add in the 12V Cummins and you've got one super sweet rig.

Back