• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clayton 6" coils

PowerRam1987

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone used these? I have a used pair that are settled to roughly 5.5" available to me for a good price. Basically i want to know if they are stiff? My current ones are soft and i have quite a bit of body roll. I would like some stiffer coils

a good shock will do more for body roll than stiffer coils. I am unsure of the spring rate, but generally, by what i have seen the taller the coil you go, the stiffer they are to help control body roll and weight transfer at those heights.

oh, and hows my 14b doing? lol

Yeah i want to upgrade shocks soon but the coils i have now need to go either way bc they're beat old coils. After this i'm working on front recovery points other than the axle and strengthening the unibody. As for the 14B i just finished up all my projects at work and thats next on my list

If they are cheap, go for it. If 6" is too tall you can always cut them down a bit for a stiffer spring rate too.

I have clayton's 4.5". From what i understand they are designed to be like OEM spring rate WITH a front bumper. I have not added a front bumper and they are stiff.

Yeah i didnt really want to be 6" in front i would prefer around 5" or maybe a bit less with my 35s. Thanks for the info about your 4.5s

I love my 4.5" clayton springs

Back