• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF OHV TRAILS CLOSED for fire season

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Everyone,

Due to rising temperatures and oncoming east winds we will be going to an Industrial Fire Precaution Level 3. What this means for trail use is that ALL OHV TRAILS in the Tillamook State Forest and BLM Upper Nestucca OHV Areas are CLOSED until further notice. Riding of ATVs, dirt bikes, four-wheel drives, and side-by-side UTVs is now roads only in the designated OHV Areas.

Please help spread the word. I will keep this information updated on the TSF homepage at: http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/tillamookstateforest/Pages/index.aspx .

THATS IT,
I'm putting on a loin cloth and doing a rain dance tonight.

THATS IT,
I'm putting on a loin cloth and doing a rain dance tonight.

Please do one for MT Hood also.

Campfires and Off-Highway Vehicles Restricted on Mt. Hood National Forest Due to High Fire Danger
Release Date: Sep 13, 2012

Sandy, OR – Due to high fire danger on Mt. Hood National Forest, all campfires and charcoal fires will be banned except in fire rings of designated campgrounds effective September 14, 2012 at 00:01. Visitors can visit the Mt Hood National Forest web site (www.fs.fed.us/r6/mthood) to view the full list of campgrounds where fires are still allowed. All motorized vehicles, including off-highway vehicles, will also be prohibited from going off-road or using any national forest system trails.

In addition to the campfire and off-highway vehicle restrictions, smoking will only be allowed under the following conditions: within an enclosed building, an enclosed vehicle, developed campground, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter which is barren or clear of all flammable material.

Although campfires will still be allowed in fire rings of most developed campgrounds of Mt. Hood National Forest, camp fires will be banned in more remote or walk-in campgrounds. If campers have a fire within a designated campground, they are encouraged to keep fires small. All fires must be attended at all times and drowned with water, stirred, and be cold to the touch before being left unattended.
http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/mthood/news-events/?cid=STELPRDB5390449

I need some rain so I can get back to work on building trail. No pics of the loin cloth needed... just the rain. :D

Well i dawned my loin cloth and danced in the back yard twice in the hopes of appeasing the rain gods, and despite the wretching protests of my neighbors I believe I succeeded, and it looks like me might get some rain early next week.
You're welcome.

Well i dawned my loin cloth and danced in the back yard twice in the hopes of appeasing the rain gods, and despite the wretching protests of my neighbors I believe I succeeded, and it looks like me might get some rain early next week.
You're welcome.

You are my freakin hero! You saved my wheeling trip on the 30th!

Everyone needs a hero in a loincloth..... my work here is done.......

On Oct 1, 2012 8:47 AM, "BEALL Stephanie A" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>  
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
>  
>
> Due to ongoing dry weather and east winds an Industrial Fire Precaution Level 3 is in effect.  What this means for trail use is that ALL OHV TRAILS in the Tillamook State Forest and BLM Upper Nestucca OHV Areas are CLOSED until further notice.  Riding of ATVs, dirt bikes, four-wheel drives, and side-by-side UTVs is permitted only on maintained gravel roads in the designated OHV Areas.  Hiking, equestrian, and mountain bike trails remain open.
>
>  
>
> Please help spread the word.  I will keep this information updated on the TSF homepage at: http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/tillamookstateforest/Pages/index.aspx .
>
>  
>
> If you have any questions please feel free to call Jahmaal Rebb at 503-359-7464 or Dave Hiatt at 503-815-7024.
>
>  
>
> Thank-you for keeping to help the forest safe from wild fires!
>
>  
>
> Stephanie A. Beall
>
> Recreation Coordinator
>
> Tillamook State Forest
>
> 801 Gales Creek Road
>
> Forest Grove, OR  97116
>
> 503.359.7464
>
> http://cms.oregon.gov/odf/tillamookstateforest/Pages/index.aspx
>
>  
>
>  
>
>  

Copied directly off of ODF's website:

OHV Trail Report
odflogo.jpg

spacer.gif
General Information
Know before you go! Trail conditions and availability in the Tillamook State Forest changes quickly due to many factors including weather, timber sales, and project work. This site is updated regularly to give you the best planning information for your trip to the Tillamook State Forest OHV trails.

If you have questions, concerns, or would like more information about OHV trail closures and conditions please contact one of the Tillamook State Forest OHV Coordinators.

Browns Camp / Lyda Camp / Jordan Creek OHV Areas:

Jahmaal Rebb at 503.359.7463 or [email protected]

Jordan Creek / Diamond Mill / Trask OHV Areas:

Dave Hiatt at 503.815.7024 or [email protected]

OHV Trail Closures - Updated 10.01.2012

10/01/2012 - OHV TRAILS CLOSED DUE TO HIGH FIRE DANGER
An Industrial Fire Precation Level (IFPL) 3 is in effect. All OHV Trails are CLOSED in the designated OHV areas of Browns Camp, Jordan Creek, Diamond MIll, Trask, and the BLM Upper Nestucca. Riding in designated OHV areas is restricted to maintained gravel roads for the duration of the closure.

OHV Regulated Use Waiver Areas

BROWNS CAMP & LYDA CAMP OHV AREA

Trail #
Trail Name
Status
Comments
16a Saddle Up CLOSED Trail temporarily closed due to timber sale activity.

JORDAN CREEK OHV AREA

Trail #
Trail Name
Status
Comments
28i & 28j​ ​
Archers Firebreak
CLOSED​ ​Temporarily closed due to timber sale activity. 29​ ​Morrel's Maze ​CLOSED ​Temporarily closed due to timber sale activity

40​
Duane's Trail Closed due to flood damage.
DEAD END TRAIL. Riders area advised against riding down this trail as it dead ends and is extremely difficult to get back up without causing significant trail damage.

41​
Firefox
Closed at posted sections due to timber sale activity.

42​ Hembre
Lookout
Trail​
CLOSED​ ​ This trail is CLOSED due to an extreme hazard. This trail will remain closed until the north end of the trail can be re-routed away from the rock pit. 104​ ​Radio Silence Trail ​CLOSED Temporarily closed due to timber sale activity.

Payne Trail
Closed due to timber sale activity. Timber Sale Trail Closure Map

DIAMOND MILL OHV AREA

Trail #
Trail Name
Status
Comments
97​
Old Cedar Creek CLOSED Temporarily closed due to timber sale activity.

TRASK OHV AREA

Trail Name
Status
Comments
Eagle Hill Closed to 4-wheel drive use. This trail will remain closed to 4WD use until the reroute to bypass the existing fish bearing stream crossing is completed.
That reroute is now under construction by volunteers from the Flat Broke and Trask Mountain Trail Runners 4WD clubs. Those clubs need donations of additional excavator and operator time so this work can be completed.

Trails Along Murphy Grade Road Closed Due to Timber Sale Activity Trask Trail Closure Map Hembre Ridge Trail CLOSED Ridge Trail routes on the north side of Hembre Ridge Road are closed from the Bobcat Spur junction to approximately 1 mile west of that junction due to timber sale activity.

Back