• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5" lift, 32x10.50 TSL radials & 3.75" backspacing, what flares to go with??

Boost_Retard

NAXJA Forum User
3.5" lift, 32x10.50 TSL radials & 3.75" backspacing, what flares to go with??

till now i have been running my 01 uncut with a 3.5" lift, 31x10.50 MTZ's on 5.25" Back spaced wheels with 2" bump extension in the front and a JKS bump stop plates in the rear, around 2.5" i figure..

I now have a set of 32x10.50 tsl radials, mounted on stock 15x7 ecco's with 1.5" spacers, i like the clean no flare look but its really not practical for the weather this thing has to drive in,

the napier flares look pretty narrow, thats a plus, the BW flats i cant really see myself running but if they would line up right with the tire combo i would consider it.. who has the narrowest flare that will look half decent with my size rubber?

i have searched for hours and found many pics but not allot of backspacing info
thanks

Re: 3.5" lift, 32x10.50 TSL radials & 3.75" backspacing, what flares to go with??

that was the plan until i really started looking at how the stock flares were pre shaped to the body lines, it would work out decent enough i suppose

Re: 3.5" lift, 32x10.50 TSL radials & 3.75" backspacing, what flares to go with??

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be a better solution for what you're going for than to do it that way.

I like my TJ flares. Plenty of coverage. Plenty of pics out there of them to.

x2 on stock flares. i moved mine up about 1.5-2" on my old xj. ran 34x10.50 on 15x7 steelie, 4" bs. 4.5" lift. no bumpstops, no rubbing.

i like stock flares way better than any aftermarket. it can be done.

i also like the stock flares, i will give them a fighting chance this weekend when its time to cut, i was thinkin of taking two sets of stockers, making some cuts and plastic welding them together, would just need to see if they would still look decent when reshaped to open up the bottom of the wheel well..

a lot of people use the stock front left flare on the right side, and vice versa. then you can cut the flare to contour arounnd the body line at the lower rear section of the fender, and just trim the front section flush with the bottom of the turn signals along with the fender like most of us do. it's the cleanest way i've seen the front done with the stock flares, and looks WAY better than tj flares, those look horrible, no offense.
i run some generic flexy flares, they arent the best but would work better with a mild fender trim. i am trimmed a ton and it's hard to get them to form correctly.

I personally love the Napier Flares. I have a 4.5" ish lift and 32x11.5 BFG A/Ts and it looks like I can fit 35s. I have wheels with 4.5" BS and 1.25" spacers (3.25" BS) and my front tires stick out from the flares about an inch and the rears line up perfectly.

This thread has some nice pictures of them, including one of mine.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1089511

This thread has a bunch of pictures of mine with the flares in action.
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1083514

I hope this helps with your decision on what you want to do. I love my Napier Flares! :peace:

I run stock flares with no issues - tires are 32x11.5R15 BFG TA.

Rubicon lifts end up a little higher, so I am likely around 4.5"...

Back