• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help with wiring a B&M trans temp gauge.

zebvance

NAXJA Forum User
I am hooking up a B&M Trans temp gauge and a after market trans cooler.

It says to hook up one wire to illumination/ dashboard lights but I have not Idea which wire to splice into. Also It says to run one wire to the ignition wire, once again I have no idea where this is located. Sow help would be greatly appreciated!

The vehicle is a 1988 Comanche 4.0 4x4 auto shortbed.

Below is a picture of the wiring diagram.

transtemp.png

On my 98 I went to the fuse panel and put it under the fuse for the interior lights (on the non hot side). I didn't want to pull the panel out and splice in. It has worked perfectley for the last 2 years.

For the ignition I found a wire that was hot while running using a test light and spliced in. I honestley am not 100% sure what it goes to but I fgured if I blew a fuse I would find what I spliced into. That gauge does not pull much amperage, I have no problems with my "ignition wire".

You just need to find a hot when vehicle on wire and a wire that is ran to interior lights and splice in.

For the gauge light I just hooked it up to be on when the key is on, It helps to have the gauge lit even during the day in my opinion

Back