• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

iPhone 5

BoringDave

NAXJA Forum User
I already know I'm going to get a bunch of ihaters with this post, But oh well.

Anyone else plan on getting the new iPhone 5? I currently have the 3GS and figure there not going to support it anymore with ios 6. I've held out though two models. But after my wife got the 4s and I took some pictures with it I decided when the 5 came out I would break down and get one. So Friday when there available for preorder I think I'm going to order one.

< ihater here

What's your reasons? I don't want to start a big piss match over whats better I just would like to know a few ihaters reasons.

There is one thing that is kinda starting to get to me about apple. I use craigspro app and a few weeks ago I wanted to post something on Craigslist and it wouldn't work. I contacted them and they said they were waiting to apples approval on some updates. Well a few more weeks went by and it was available. So I started the upgrade to find out that they (MADE) them remove the personals. I could really care less about the personals but it's just the point. I know apple just wants to make the app store kid friendly but come on! I'm sure they could handle it a little differently.

That is exactly my issue with Apple and ios in particular. Apple always wants you to do it their way. I tried the iPhone4 for a few days and hated ios so much I happily paid the $35 restocking fee to return the phone, after paying 200 bucks for it. I just feel like I have more choices with Android.

I have 4 iPhones on my plan. 2 3GS models and 2 iPhone4 models. I will be selling the 3GS models and pre ordering 2 iPhone5's.

9/10 people I know have iPhones simply due to reliability. Call me a fanboi. Make fun of the Kool aid. Because Unlike the countless androids I've had, I actually enjoy my iPhone and ultimately that's all that counts;)

I work security so I have lots of free time and to fight the boredom i play games and surf the web with my iphone 4s. Dave if you are going from the 3gs to the 5 your mind is going to be blown by how much better it's going to be. I went from the 3gs to the 4s and it was crazy the difference in the way the apps ran and how much faster everything was. Plus siri can be fun if you ask her crazy questions.

how can a phone that lasts less than a day on a full charge really be reliable? I am not really wanting to bash the iphone as it is a really cool device and can do amazing things but, i want a phone that i can use in situations where i may not have a charger for a day or two, not a powerhouse that goes dead in a day with minimal use.

I had a 3G upgraded to a 4(non S) and I will NOT be getting a 5.

I'm so pissed at apple right now. I knew they were changing the connector. I heard that last month some time. I also heard they would offer an adapter. Great....problem solved. That was until I heard they want $30 for a tiny piece of plastic that probably, at most costs $.15 to produce. Screw apple and their $30 cheap ass part. Screw apple and their complete unwillingness to take care of their customers and screw apple for their stupid "bigger" screen that is only longer but not wider.

The ONLY thing that might keep me with an iPhone is the camera. I use mine every day and a good camera is slightly more important to me than any other feature. After camping with a guy a couple of weeks ago who had a Galaxy SIII I don't feel like the iPhone is the walk away winner in that area anymore. Time will tell.

Saw this yesterday and it made me laugh.
tuzysuze.jpg

I had a iPhone 4 for the last 2 years and went out and bought the galaxy s3 a couple months ago cause I wanted the bigger display and wanted to try a android phone out for myself. After a month I ended up returning it and paying a restocking fee cause performance wise it was only about equal to my iPhone 4 which was 2 years old. The galaxy had a lot of connection problems and the battery lasted about half that of my old iPhone. I really hope it would be great but besides the great display it was subpar in every other way... So I will be ordering my iPhone 5 on Friday.

10420, I hope you can handle a early morning dose of the truth. Its not the phone, its just YOU.

Dunno. Android has a long way to go to match the reliability of iOS.

The same reason that makes Android phones attractive to so many people is the exact same reason iOS people hate it.

I don't think it's a matter of one is better than the other...if you are strictly talking OS's Its just different strokes for different folks.

If I end up not getting a new iPhone I will be doing it while I'm pinching my nose. Android leaves a lot to be desired in the reliability department.

Let me just say this...I ALMOST went for the 4s...ALMOST. My girl ended up getting one. I will say this...The camer and screen itself are amazing, but I would never waste my money on one. Android all the way. IOS has no customization whatsoever and even with the new iphone having a 4" screen...its still a small phone. I have the S3 and I absolutely love this phone. feels great, SUPER fast, and battery last me a good 2 days on a single charge. I think that apple puts alot of thought into their OS but, they need to give the people options...one thing that I hate most about apple is not having an app drawer or a wifi toggle.

But you know, if you want one, get it.

Its the lack of options which make iOS devices run almost flawlessly though.

That's what I was talking about. It really comes down to this in the end. Do you want a phone that works great all the time with almost no hang ups but lacks some customization or do you want a phone you can do whatever you want with but will require you to constantly screw with it to make it work right.

Its the lack of options which make iOS devices run almost flawlessly though.

That's what I was talking about. It really comes down to this in the end. Do you want a phone that works great all the time with almost no hang ups but lacks some customization or do you want a phone you can do whatever you want with but will require you to constantly screw with it to make it work right.

This is very true. granted, I haven't had any problems with my S3 yet, I just still think Android has a leg up with all the phone options....

Maybe apple should look into a line of phones instead of just one phone.

Scott Kelby...one of the better known photographers and photography instructional Guru posted this today on FB. I think it sums up Android people (and others) pretty well.

This doesn't affect you.

Today, Sony introduced a new full-frame DSLR, it's the SLT-A99V. It's 24-megapixels and costs almost as much as the Nikon D800 I use, which is 36 megapixels. So, do you think I should go to Sony user online forums, and on Facebook and here on G+ and tell people why the Sony I've never held in my hand, or even taken a photo with, sucks? Should I go on and on about how much better my Nikon camera is, and why I would never use a Sony and how stupid people are that don't buy what I use? Of course not, that's for losers and trolls.

Well, that's what exactly I've been seeing all day about Apple's iPhone 5.

Android users lining up to say how disappointed they are in the new iPhone, and how they're sticking with Android, and how there are so many better choices and on and on. Well good news: Apple's iPhone 5 announcement doesn't affect you any more than Sony's A99V affects me. I'm not switching to Sony, you're not switching to Apple, and that's perfectly fine.

Android Users
Why do you feel you have to jump in and attack a product you don't use, and won't buy? Android-based phones are a perfectly fine choice --- you don't have to defend your choice whenever someone mentions the iPhone 5 or any iPhone for that matter. It simply doesn't affect you. You have a phone you already like, so good news --- you're going to save a bunch of money by staying with what you've already got. You should be happy --- not angry and bitter. This should be a day of great jubilation --- your choice of smartphone has been vindicated --- Apple is all wrong again, and you're smarter than everyone else. Rejoice and stop and the hating.

One last thing
I saw this headline today over on Google+ "iPhone5: Did it live up to all its hype?" Gees, did Apple hype this before today's launch and I missed it? Did they give out the specs last week? Did they post photos of the iPhone on their site? Did they make promises of what would be in the iPhone 5? Did they even mention the phrase "iPhone 5?" No. They didn't pre-announce a thing. The hype didn't come from Apple --- complain to your local rumor site.

Addendum to my last post: The SIII is a great phone, its just the phone vendors load them up with their extra crap. As a user of these Android phones, one needs to learn how to get in there and clean out the crap. Just like we do with Windows desktops. If you can't handle that or like options, stick with Apple.

Once you go iPhone you never go back. I had a driod x before I got my iPhone 4 and I continue to be amazed by how better the iPhone is then driod. Although I even switched service providers the AT&T iPhone 4 is was better then the Verizon's driod x service, performance and quality.

Back