• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lakes of the Mt Hood National Forest 10-14-12

nightfoam

NAXJA Forum User
This will be more of a tour than a wheeling trip. Definitely more miles (last time I ran this, I did aroundd 150 miles) and rare usage of 4x4. In fact, you probably won't need it. A stock Cherokee is plenty to do this trip, you just need a little ground clearance.

Trip starts from the Territory Restaurant in Welches, come early if you want to have breakfast, we'll be leaving at 830. From there we'll head up to Trillium Lake via Still Creek road. Then Frog Lake, Clear Lake, Little Crater Lake, Frying Pan Lake, Timothy Lake, Summit Lake, Triangle Lake, First Lake, Head lake, Olallie Lake, Monon Lake, Horseshoe Lake, Spoon Lake, Gibson Lake, Breitenbush Lake and if we have time, Elk Lake and Dunlap Lake and we can even visit an old mine hidden in the hills.

Please come with a full tank of gas and be prepared for a long day on the trail (aka bring lunch) CB isn't required but you really should have one, obviously.

I'm in.

Solo = Gold Cobra
With Family = Brendamobile

Back