• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

waggy parkin break spring.

Project00XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Its a long shot, but i am hoping some one can help. Went thru the parts stores and cannot find anything. I need a part # for the parking brake sprint on my waggy 44. It is the rectangular spring which goes on the end of the cross bar between both shoes, right under the wheel cylinder. Any waggy axle should work, but mine are from an 86. Thanks for any help.

I doubt the parts stores will sell you the piece individually, but did you look through the "spring kit" they sell for that axle? That piece should be in there, you just have to buy the whole kit.

"parking brake strut spring" is the technical term-i believe. most drum hardware kits don't come with those springs, as they're not really a wear item.
you used to able to get them in the dorman "help" line, but i heard they had discontinued that stuff.
i don't know what the junkyard availability of stuff like that is in NY, but i'm going down to the pick-a-part yard this weekend. those wagoneer d44's are usually plentiful around here. if you need, i can grab a couple of those springs....should take all of 2 minutes, literally.

Yup, I plan on goin to the junkyard if I have to, but would rather get them new if possible. Thank you for the offer, but ill run over if needed. They are not sold in any kit, I have the hardware kit, and adjuster kits, no spring. I found some sold individually but they are a little narrow. These damn springs are l I am missing to have my axle complete.

I just looked through my catalogs here at my NAPA store, they don't list the parking brake strut spring at all individually for your application, only the maxi-pack spring kit.

From the pictures in the computer system here it also looks like that spring is not part of the spring kit. Time to hit the junk yard, sorry.

I have a giant box full of them, they're available just not in the applications catalog anymore for some ridiculous reason. OP, have you tried looking it up on www.RockAuto.com ? their catalog is usually pretty detailed.

Rockauto does not have them individually, and I have a hardware kit and adj, kit from them. both kits were the good ones. No spring. Went thru boxes of springs at Napa and adv.... Nothing, lol. Rediculous.

Hmm, maybe it was the brake self-adjusting spring kit that included them. At any rate i've gotten them as part of a kit through autozone before.

for that specific axle, it doesn't seem to be a part of any of the kits. they come with the regular spring kits for most vehicles that use a strut bar.

Back