• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Revolving shackles?

lostcreek21

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I've been looking at the revolving shackles and I was wondering what everybody thought of them. Does any run them? Do they add a lot more flex and do they lift the rear any? I've heard that if you stop too fast then they can unload but is this true? Thanks for any input

Sactoxj used them briefly you could pm him and ask why he took them off. I don’t think hes on this board much.

i have some, i have gotten used to them on the street pretty much.

since I am still not running shocks in the rear they do unload a little.

I noticed a few days agow when i heard a bang from my front driver's tire that it's been lifting off the ground when i make a HARD left.
I think this alos has to do with the lockright in my D44 locking up and the cab "twisting" I also have the front connected, so if i didn't there might have beean a rollover...

I've ran them for a while now with no ill side effects. The do change the feel on the trail which takes a little getting used to but I've been very happy with them so far. As far as flex goes with the revolvers my rear has the same travel as the front were as before it was about half.

revolvers

I've been running mine about a year and a half. They 're great . They do unload but like anything else you do to your junk, you learn what it does and how to prepare for it . I,ve had no bends no plastic parts comming off or any of the other problems people who don't use the say they have . I'll keep mine the wheel travel and artculation are worth every penny I spent .

itzak

I seen in Summit, a suspension kit for like mustangs and such that have half of the revalver shackle, but it's adjustable.

Back