• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C Blower Motor Problems - Please Help

sixty7ss

NAXJA Forum User
2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ Sport 4x4 w/ 4.0L & Auto Trans

My blower motor went out a week ago or so. I live in Phx, AZ, so this is no laughing matter. This is our only vehicle and we have 2 small children so, needless to say, this needs to be fixed ASAP.

Here's what I've done so far:
1. My first thought was to check the connection at the motor. I couldn't get the connector to let go (even though it was loose - not welded), so I pulled the motor to get a better angle. Got the connector off and checked out the motor. Internal wiring was toast. Bought a new motor. It spins now, but it cuts in and out every 10 seconds or so like clockwork. If I move the switch through the speeds, changing speeds every 2 seconds or so, it doesn't cut out.

2. Cut the old connector off and put on standard push-on connectors. No change.

3. Swapped out the blower motor relay. No change.

4. Swapped out blower motor resistor. No change.

5. I used a test light to check power at the fan. It is constant. Light stays on when motor cuts out.

6. Autozone guy recommended a new motor, so I swapped it out again. No change.

I've been told to use a volt meter to check voltage at the motor. I can do that, but I have no idea what it's supposed to be.

I've also been told to check the ground, but I don't know where it is.

Today, the plan is to swap out the switch.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Does anyone have a recommendation as to what to check? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, in advance.

Back