• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

doorless on a 1991

XJeeper87

NAXJA Forum User
i have the driver hings taken cae of. but what about the passemnger sides how do i get those to work poperly. the hine pin is pressed in from the bottom.

Knock the pins out and reinstall from the top.

thanks guys. any quick tips on electric doors/windows? like getting them disconected easily and reconected. just use plugs behind kick panel? or wire in conctors?

thanks guys. any quick tips on electric doors/windows? like getting them disconected easily and reconected. just use plugs behind kick panel? or wire in conctors?

I just unplug the connectors in the kick panels. Depending on your options you could possibly just put in some weather proof connectors in-line in the door jam there and make it easier to disconnect and reconnect since feeding the wires and the connectors through the door jam is a bit of a pain. I can have my front doors off in about 10-15 mins but getting them back on takes 20 mins by myself. If your Jeep is fully optioned then you will have quite a few wires running into the doors. ZJ Grand Cherokees have quick connects on there doors that is held together with a bolt. They make a great upgrade to add to get the doors on and off easier. And depending on your year of XJ and what year of ZJ you get the connectors from, the wires are nearly all the same colors too. I plan to grab a set of these connectors next time I am at the junkyard.

Back